We’ve had a few customers mention that they tried to cook their spaghetti squash in the microwave and it EXPLODED!
Here’s a great video with nutritional information about spaghetti squash and how to cook it without it exploding in your microwave.
Spoiler alert: Use a knife to poke holes in it to release the steam.
We will continue bringing zucchini to the markets until our first hard frost. Here’s a recipe from one of our customers using all ingredients from our stand.
SKILLET ZUCCHINI RECIPE
Adapted from: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini/squash(green & golden zucchini and yellow squash) , cut into slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, heirloom work best, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion and cook until zucchini slightly tender and onion begins to turn translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, thyme and salt and pepper.
I personally like some caramelization on the zucchini so I cook them a little longer than 3 minutes. If you really want to give it a little more flair, sprinkle it with some grated Parmesan cheese and put it under the broiler for just a minute. YUM!