Who Wants To Be Cool?
With the weather soaring to nearly 100° it’s time to turn off your oven and enjoy some of the refreshing produce you find at the Farmers Market. Here’s a recipe guaranteed to be a hit.
Watermelon Mojito Salad Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: Serves 6
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups seedless cucumber, cubed
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- Zest from two limes
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cut the rind off the watermelon and cut into medium-sized cubes (about ½-inch).
- Peel the cucumber, if you prefer, and cut into similar sized cubes.
- Slice the mint leaves thinly. To chiffonade, stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll them up lengthwise into a bundle, then thinly slice.
- Combine these ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or a small jar, combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir (or shake) well to combine. Pour over the watermelon and cucumber and stir well.
Substitute white balsamic vinegar for the lime juice. White balsamic vinegar has less tartness than lime juice but still brings the correct acidity to the dressing.